The picture that inspired it all. From The Poupounette.
Hi Everyone. We are sad today, because a bunch of our friends from the CB had to go to the bridge this week. We don't normally do posts on them (I do like to try and keep the blog kind of lighthearted) but I wanted to post about one special friend today, Yuu-Chan, from
The Poupounette because well,a lot of you may not realize this, but he was part of my inspiration for starting The Naughty Kitty Club, even though for the most part he was a very good, sweet boy who was almost never naughty. But back on December 3, 2009, he was being quite a bit naughty, and I made a comment that there should be a club for naughty kitten boys - even though that is how kitten boys should act of course. The post from that day at The Poupounette is
Here. And little did I know at that moment that the comment would set something off in my brain to start the club, but later that day I decided to post my idea and see what people thought. And so later that day I did
This Post and asked what everyone thought - and the response was great.
In reality, Yuu-Chan turned out to not be very naughty, and he never did end up a member of the club, but without his naughty act that day, this club would not have ever existed. So today we send him lots of thanks, and tons of purrs and prayers to his family, who we know miss him so much. We feel very honored to have "known" him (as best as anyone can know anyone through a blog) and wish that his time here had been longer - but he was needed up at the bridge, and had to go. But he will always be in our hearts, and well, a little piece of him, from that one naughty day, will always be here in the club. We hope that everyone will do a little something naughty for him - like sit in the fridge (the picture that inspired it all is of him in the fridge). Even though he wasn't a naughty boy most of the time, well, it could be our way of sending him a little tribute.
What a fun tribute to Yuu-Chan. I had forgotten that post and picture till now, and it made me and Mom smile. Which is good, because most of the other posts about him bring tears flowing from her eyes.
ReplyDeleteThat's lovely! We had quite forgotten about that episode and seeing that photo brought a big smile to our faces. Thank You!
ReplyDeleteAnd by the way, we have a feeling that Bibi-Chan needs to sign up for the Naughty Kitty Club...
Yuu-Chan will be missed by us all ~ he was a beautiful boy and it breaks our hearts that he had to go to the Bridge so young. This is a lovely and heartfelt remembrance post yoo did for him.
ReplyDeleteSmoochies and love to his fambly.
I can see why that one naughty act of Yuu-Chan's definitely earned him charter membership in the club! How classic - and an inspiration to kitties everywhere. I don't think he really needed to be naughty anymore after that!
ReplyDeleteAww what a sweet tribute to one inspiring and beaiutiful kitty. Yuu-Chan was truly a treasure. Take care
ReplyDeletex
What a cute kitty Yuu Chan was xx
ReplyDelete