Tuesday, February 16, 2010

The Cat-Olympics - Strong Cat Competition!


Welcome to the First Annual Cat-Olympics Strong Cat Competition!



In this event, competitors will be challenged to push the heaviest object off of another object that they can. For example, a bottle off the countertop, a purse off the table, or a brothercat off a fence.

This competion will be difficult - only the strongest and bravest cats dare to enter - not only do they risk a strained paw, but they also risk the wrath of their peoples!

To enter this event, if you dare risk it, all you need to do is post on your blog about something you pushed off something else - the heaviest thing you can find! And if there are pictures, well so much the better! Then just post a link in to your post in the inLinkz below!

This competition runs through Friday night, and is open to everyone - cat, dog, hamster. You don't have to be a member of the NKC to enter either - everyone is invited!

We know a lot of you out there have been training for this competition for years - it will be tough, but we know you will all do your best!

Winners will be announced the week of 2/22, so be sure to come back and check - there will be awards for all who enter, but there will be a special first, second and third place prize for the best entries!

Now, everyone get out there and knock something down!

Please note I have set the inlinkz a bit longer, to take different timezones into account.



17 comments:

  1. Oh DARN! I had a pet hamster pass about a month ago boy was she a naughty girl. For about a week she would knock everything in her cage over push it over to her water bottle and start stacking it all in an attempt to climb out. I never did get pictures of it. good luck everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, can my goat or donkeys enter. The goat would get up on a table. Anyway I hope someone around here will push something off the table. Sounds like a great event.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL, I think the donkeys should join the Naughty kitty club but lets do that after all this Olympic stuff. I hope I can get the donkeys or goat to do something. Will give it my best try. I was really just being funny when you mentioned a hamster.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this is an excellent event. Wonder what I can push? Mom comes to mind...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Zoey here... I have almost (the ZH caught it) pushed a lamp off the table... does that count?

    Maybe not, cause Zoolatry is on break right now, and Mom won't let me post the picture...

    Drats, cats!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope I am not too late to enter. I am a very strong mancat. I knocked over a 7 ft. tall lamp!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Target pushes me off my pillow. Does that count?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, I am so glad to hae some entries!! And I went to check them out - very impressive!! It is going to be a tough competition!

    ReplyDelete
  9. "The Boys" are a bit docile now-a-days (it's that age thing) but their sister, Snowflake, who went to the Rainbow Bridge a very long time ago (before "The Boys" were even born) had a pretty good handle on "tossing things in her way."

    I'll see if I can find some photo of her that I can enter post humously.

    Great contest theme.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, great, we don't have any photographic evidence of our strong arm -- uh, paw tactics. But it will be fun to see the entries.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Unfortunately, Herman has never pushed anything off of anything.

    ReplyDelete
  12. My STRONG CAT post is up today. YAY! 'Cos I am TUFF and STRONG!

    Love Alfie Marshall xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Um, I haven't pushed anything off of anything, but I did drag a 100 oz bottle of laundry detergent up the basement stairs. And then I chewed the cap off. I'm not sure if that qualifies for this event, but it sure was fun.

    Your pal,
    Titus

    ReplyDelete
  14. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I pushed over a whole toy box AND a lava lamp. The mess was impressive cuz the lava lamp fell down the whole depth of the stairs from a shelf above. Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  16. My kitten Licorice (RIP) didn't like having the bedroom door shut on him one Sunday morning so he went straight out to the kitchen, jumped up onto the bench and knocked the toaster onto the floor. What a noise!

    ReplyDelete
  17. When we tried to leave a photo, it would only allow us to leave the one of Cotton from another competition or our blog header, so we chose our blog header. Wonder why it doesn't rescan to grab a photo from the later post? We are there though.

    ReplyDelete